The future of negotiations between the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK, North Korea), South Korea, and the United States over the North’s nuclear program have swung dramatically between warm embraces across an armistice...
- Laptop Bombs and Civil Aviation: Terrorism Potentials and Carry On Travel Bans 14 Jun 2017 This Insight in the TRENDS Terrorism Futures Series focuses on the heightened concerns expressed over the smuggling of explosives... Terrorism Futures Series
- Daesh/IS Armored Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (AVBIEDs): Insurgent Use and Terrorism Potentials 02 Feb 2016 © January 2016 This essay in the TRENDS terrorism futures series focuses on advanced threats related to vehicle borne... Terrorism Futures Series
- Home Made, Printed, and Remote Controlled Firearms— Terrorism and Insurgency Implications 21 Jun 2015 This essay in the TRENDS terrorism futures series focuses on trends in the manufacturing of homemade and printed firearms... Terrorism Futures Series
- Use and Potentials of Counter-Optical Lasers in Riots and Terrorism 21 Apr 2015 This essay in the TRENDS counter-terrorism futures series focuses on LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) effects... Terrorism Futures Series
- Fifth Dimensional Battlespace: Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism Implications 10 Feb 2015 This essay in the terrorism futures series will highlight the emergence of fifth dimensional battlespace, its implications for both... Terrorism Futures Series
- Terrorism as Disruptive Targeting 11 Jan 2015 This short terrorism futures essay will focus upon differing forms of targeting and their effects, that is, destructive versus... Terrorism Futures Series
- Virtual Martyrs: Jihadists, Oculus Rift, and IED Drones 14 Dec 2014 For some decades now, jihadists (radical Islamists) have relied upon suicide bombings—primarily via individually carried and vehicular borne (VBIED)... Terrorism Futures Series