War and chaos have been present in Afghanistan for almost all of the past four decades. The current conflict there in 2001, when the United States and NATO allies invaded in response to al-Qaeda...
- Knowledge is infinite – oil is not 27 Jan 2015 Since 2000, over 70 countries that together make up over 80% of the world economy have been comparing how... Education
- How Does SYRIZA Election Win Affect Greece and Europe? 27 Jan 2015 The party’s pleasant leader, Alexis Tsipras, vows for a renegotiation of Greece’s international bailout and a reversal of the... Greek Elections
- Sure, Je Suis Charlie. But what about I Am Baga? 25 Jan 2015 Let me be clear: the terrorist attacks on the Charlie Hebdo offices and the kosher supermarket are nothing short... Baga massacre
- Expectations from Obama’s India Visit 24 Jan 2015 Obama is coming to take part in India’s Republic Day Parade on 26 January 2015, the first for a... U.S. - India Visit 2015
- Political Transformation and Radicalization in the Middle East and North Africa 22 Jan 2015 The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is undergoing a painful and probably lengthy period of change, which... Political Transformation
- Why Ethnic Conflicts Recur in Northeast India? 19 Jan 2015 The Northeast of India is strategically an important piece of geography for India. Straddled as it is between Bangladesh,... Ethnic Conflicts
- Terrorism as Disruptive Targeting 11 Jan 2015 This short terrorism futures essay will focus upon differing forms of targeting and their effects, that is, destructive versus... Terrorism Futures Series
- A Land Too Far: Refugees in Germany 31 Dec 2014 For the refugees crammed into the hold of ships or floating on rickety boats on the Mediterranean, Europe is the... Immigration
- Virtual Martyrs: Jihadists, Oculus Rift, and IED Drones 14 Dec 2014 For some decades now, jihadists (radical Islamists) have relied upon suicide bombings—primarily via individually carried and vehicular borne (VBIED)... Terrorism Futures Series
- Does the US – Led War on Terror Pose a Challenge for Civil Liberties? 30 Nov 2014 Although liberties like freedom of speech, religion, assembly and press, the right to due process, and the right to... Terrorism
- Please Sir, Can I Have Some More? How Britain’s Vulnerable Live on the Outskirts of Poverty 19 Nov 2014 One in five people in the UK live below the country’s official poverty line according to the charity Oxfam.... Poverty
- Women: Between Family and Career Choices 18 Nov 2014 Gender gap research study investigates the women’s advancement and career placement in all fields; it’s particularly noticeable that the...