It is not very clear where the Gulf region stands on the European foreign policy agenda. There stands a number of factors preventing the EU from taking a more defined stance in relation to...
- Sure, Je Suis Charlie. But what about I Am Baga? 25 Jan 2015 Let me be clear: the terrorist attacks on the Charlie Hebdo offices and the kosher supermarket are nothing short... Baga massacre
- Expectations from Obama’s India Visit 24 Jan 2015 Obama is coming to take part in India’s Republic Day Parade on 26 January 2015, the first for a... U.S. - India Visit 2015
- Political Transformation and Radicalization in the Middle East and North Africa 22 Jan 2015 The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region is undergoing a painful and probably lengthy period of change, which... Political Transformation
- Why Ethnic Conflicts Recur in Northeast India? 19 Jan 2015 The Northeast of India is strategically an important piece of geography for India. Straddled as it is between Bangladesh,... Ethnic Conflicts
- Terrorism as Disruptive Targeting 11 Jan 2015 This short terrorism futures essay will focus upon differing forms of targeting and their effects, that is, destructive versus... Terrorism Futures Series
- A Land Too Far: Refugees in Germany 31 Dec 2014 For the refugees crammed into the hold of ships or floating on rickety boats on the Mediterranean, Europe is the... Immigration
- Virtual Martyrs: Jihadists, Oculus Rift, and IED Drones 14 Dec 2014 For some decades now, jihadists (radical Islamists) have relied upon suicide bombings—primarily via individually carried and vehicular borne (VBIED)... Terrorism Futures Series
- Does the US – Led War on Terror Pose a Challenge for Civil Liberties? 30 Nov 2014 Although liberties like freedom of speech, religion, assembly and press, the right to due process, and the right to... Terrorism
- Please Sir, Can I Have Some More? How Britain’s Vulnerable Live on the Outskirts of Poverty 19 Nov 2014 One in five people in the UK live below the country’s official poverty line according to the charity Oxfam.... Poverty
- Women: Between Family and Career Choices 18 Nov 2014 Gender gap research study investigates the women’s advancement and career placement in all fields; it’s particularly noticeable that the...
- The U.S. – China Climate Deal and Global Warming 17 Nov 2014 The pledge by the two largest polluters to reduce and limit their greenhouse gas emission, particularly... Environment
- Bullying and Safeguarding Our Public Schools Environment 16 Nov 2014 Bullying can have serious long-term effects on the children involved. School officials, teachers and parents have a responsibility... Education