On 7 June, ISIS/Daesh carried out attacks in Tehran, targeting the Iranian parliament and the burial shrine of the Islamic Republic’s founder, Ayatollah Ruhallah Khomeini. These attacks mark a major turning point in Iran’s...
- Terrorism as Disruptive Targeting 11 Jan 2015 This short terrorism futures essay will focus upon differing forms of targeting and their effects, that is, destructive versus... Terrorism Futures Series
- A Land Too Far: Refugees in Germany 31 Dec 2014 For the refugees crammed into the hold of ships or floating on rickety boats on the Mediterranean, Europe is the... Immigration
- Virtual Martyrs: Jihadists, Oculus Rift, and IED Drones 14 Dec 2014 For some decades now, jihadists (radical Islamists) have relied upon suicide bombings—primarily via individually carried and vehicular borne (VBIED)... Terrorism Futures Series
- Does the US – Led War on Terror Pose a Challenge for Civil Liberties? 30 Nov 2014 Although liberties like freedom of speech, religion, assembly and press, the right to due process, and the right to... Terrorism
- Please Sir, Can I Have Some More? How Britain’s Vulnerable Live on the Outskirts of Poverty 19 Nov 2014 One in five people in the UK live below the country’s official poverty line according to the charity Oxfam.... Poverty
- Women: Between Family and Career Choices 18 Nov 2014 Gender gap research study investigates the women’s advancement and career placement in all fields; it’s particularly noticeable that the...
- The U.S. – China Climate Deal and Global Warming 17 Nov 2014 The pledge by the two largest polluters to reduce and limit their greenhouse gas emission, particularly... Environment
- Bullying and Safeguarding Our Public Schools Environment 16 Nov 2014 Bullying can have serious long-term effects on the children involved. School officials, teachers and parents have a responsibility... Education
- Still Strangers: The Rise of ISIS and the Muslims of Germany 13 Nov 2014 Once again, as ISIS rampages in the Levant, the Muslims of Germany have come under scrutiny. And the behaviour... Immigration Policies
- Ebola- When the West started to care 23 Oct 2014 Kofi Annan has accused international governments of only reacting to the seriousness of the deadly Ebola virus after it...