The Art of the Iran Deal
TRENDS Research & Advisory, in cooperation with the Washington DC branch of Young Professionals in Foreign Policy, are organising a public event to examine what comes next with the Iran Deal on nuclear weapons. The US President has recently declared Iran is not acting in line with the Agreement and now the US Congress is deciding what next. This event will examine the options available to the USA in either strengthening the deal or other actions.Read More
Qatar’s Support for Terrorism and Extremism
Qatar has been known as a supporter of terrorism and extremism for a considerable amount of time. The reasons why Qatar actively supports terrorists and extremists is unknown, but regardless of the reasons for its behaviour, the actions are unacceptable. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are leading a group of states in making it clear that Qatar’s support for terrorism and extremism is not acceptable.Read More
The Value of Think Tanks
TRENDS Research & Advisory, based in Abu Dhabi, has received global recognition for its work by being included in the top 10 “Best New Think Tanks” in the world by the 2016 Go To Global Think Tank Index. TRENDS was established in August 2014, by Dr. Ahmed Al Hamli, President and Founder, to further knowledge and understanding of how we understand security in today’s world.Read More
The Changing International Order
TRENDS invited its researchers and Non-Resident Fellows to give their assessment of the changes in the international system in first few months of Trump’s Presidency. The experts make clear that the international system is changing, but how exactly it is changing, remains to be seen.Read More
Daesh/ISIS In Europe
The events in Nice have made it clear that the threat from terrorism in Europe is sustained, real, and that it needs to be much better understood. This event, which was co-organised by TRENDS Research & Advisory and ICSR, King’s College London, helped explore the connections between Europe and the violence being supported/carried out by Daesh/ISIS.Read More
Iran’s Threat to Global Security
How well does Washington understand Iran?
This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power structures may have detrimental consequences for global security. The Analysis, “How Well Does Washington Understand Iran?”, produced in coordination with The National Interest is a study into how the USA is failing to adequately understand the dangers posed by Iran’s leadership.Read More
TRENDS Services and Programs
TRENDS provides a wide range of consultancy, advisory and executive education services directed at government employees, non-governmental organisations and executives working in diverse organisations with an international focus. In all of our services we combine global knowledge and expertise with substantial knowledge and understanding of the Middle East/Gulf region.Read More
October 26, 2017
On August 28, 2017, the Wall Street Journal reported about the readiness of Russia and Saudi Arabia...
July 27, 2017
Qatar has been known as a supporter of terrorism and extremism for a considerable amount of time.
- Muddling Through: The World Bank & IMF Annual Meetings Confront a Leaderless World 16 Oct 2017 Representatives from almost 190 countries have met in Washington DC for the annual meetings... Global Economy
- Concealing Cybercrimes: The Art of Anti-Forensics 16 Oct 2017 Two years ago at a Security Summit in New York City attended by Chief... Transnational Crime & Security
- Securing the State: Structures to Counter Contemporary Terrorism 25 Sep 2017 Despite developing ever increasingly sophisticated responses to counter-terrorism, successful terrorist attacks continue to occur... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- Donald Trump’s National Security Process: Implications for U.S. Foreign Policy and International Relations 26 Jul 2017 In the United States, presidents vary significantly in the processes through which they evaluate... International Affairs
- Laptop Bombs and Civil Aviation: Terrorism Potentials and Carry On Travel Bans 03 Jul 2017 This TRENDS Working Paper represents a more in depth analysis of a prior Insights... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- The Changing International Order 21 Jun 2017 TRENDS invited its researchers and Non-Resident Fellows to give their assessment of the changes... International Affairs
Interview with Guy TaylorOctober 23, 2017
Al Hurra coverage of TRENDS EventSeptember 20, 2017
On Sept. 12, 2017 TRENDS hosted three experts from the USA...
The Qatari Political Drama on “35 Minutes”September 14, 2017
Leah Sherwood: Any violation of agreements signed between States is a violation of international lawAugust 2, 2017
There is clear evidence on the role being played by Qatar in supporting terrorismJuly 26, 2017
TRENDS discusses Qatari terrorism and its role in destabilizing the regionJuly 26, 2017