The 2016 JAM – The Happiness Factor
TRENDS' 2016 JAM is an online event hosted by TRENDS on October 26-27, 2016. The Jam is held entirely in writing and can be accessed using any device – computer, laptop, smartphone – from anywhere. The purpose of the Jam is to share ideas, interact and engage with a topic of importance to the UAE government. It brings together TRENDS staff, experts in the field and students from the UAE's top universities as Jammers on one conversation.Register/Log In
The 2016 JAM - The Happiness Factor
TRENDS' 2016 JAM is an online event hosted by TRENDS on October 26-27, 2016.Register/Log In
October 26, 2016
The United States has increasingly relied on the use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPAs) to conduct lethal strikes in its on-going counter-terrorism...
October 5, 2016
Online activities have now become central to the very way in which millions of people across the world live their lives. While...
- Counter-Terrorism, Soft-Power, and Donald Trump 20 Sep 2016 During the already historically long United States Presidential campaign, Republican Candidate Donald J. Trump... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- Local difficulties? – The G20 confronts de-globalisation 20 Sep 2016 Earlier this month the world’s leading politicians and their entourages descended on the eastern... Global Economy
- VAT: the tempo increases … 14 Sep 2016 In preparation for the implementation of Value Added Tax (VAT) across the GCC in... Economy
- Introducing Government Actions in Terror Environments (GATE) Dataset 10 May 2016 When conceptualizing counterterrorism, we naturally think of large-scale military operations that aggressively target terrorist... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- Misoverestimating Terrorism 03 May 2016 By the standards of an earlier age, terrorism remains a limited phenomenon. That could... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- THE WORLD vs. DAESH: Constructing a Contemporary Terrorist Threat 12 Apr 2016 In the span of two weeks, Daesh claimed the lives of nearly 400 unarmed... Security, Defense & Terrorism
Politicizing Islam: Exploring Means and Objectives
The role of Islam in government continues to be a pressing issue in many Muslim societies. Since the Arab Spring...
Balancing a New Relationship with Iran: Security and Insecurity in the Wake of the Nuclear Deal
Following the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, there was widespread optimism that Iran would develop into a peaceful and...
German Public TV Station Das Erste interviews TRENDS experts from TRENDS event – ISIS in EuropeAugust 4, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Ambassador Lincoln P. Bloomfield Jr. – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Marie Breen-Smyth – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Dr. Risa Brooks – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Charlie Winter – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Michael StohlDecember 20, 2015