Daesh/ISIS In Europe
The events in Nice have made it clear that the threat from terrorism in Europe is sustained, real, and that it needs to be much better understood. This event, which was co-organised by TRENDS Research & Advisory and ICSR, King’s College London, helped explore the connections between Europe and the violence being supported/carried out by Daesh/ISIS.Read More
Iran’s Threat to Global Security
How well does Washington understand Iran?
This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power structures may have detrimental consequences for global security. The Analysis, “How Well Does Washington Understand Iran?”, produced in coordination with The National Interest is a study into how the USA is failing to adequately understand the dangers posed by Iran’s leadership.Read More
TRENDS Services and Programs
TRENDS provides a wide range of consultancy, advisory and executive education services directed at government employees, non-governmental organisations and executives working in diverse organisations with an international focus. In all of our services we combine global knowledge and expertise with substantial knowledge and understanding of the Middle East/Gulf region.Read More
Constructions of Terrorism
TRENDS, The Orfalea Center and The Stimson Center organized a conference on Constructions of Terrorism: Confronting the Challenges to Global Security Created by Daesh/Islamic State. This was the second event in the Constructions of Terrorism Project being undertaken by TRENDS and the Orfalea Center as an interdisciplinary project that is investigating how states and societies construct understandings and categories of terrorism and extremism.Read More
Stop Violent Extremism MADRID +10: The Global Policy Dialogue
TRENDS Research & Advisory is proud to be a Knowledge Partner at the Club de Madrid Policy dialogue which was held in Madrid 27-28 October 2015. TRENDS, in cooperation with ICSR, King’s College, London, UK organised a Workshop dealing with “Countering Online Radicalization”.Read More
Constructions of Terrorism Conference
TRENDS Research & Advisory and the Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies organized a public conference on December 3 and 4, 2015 on Constructions Of Terrorism. The conference took place at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA. The conference debated and discussed how terrorism and acts of terrorism are understood and explained.Read More
Chinese foreign policy under the presidency of Xi Jinping has been increasingly controversial, confident and engaged in both the regional and...
August 2, 2016
Leading cyber security professionals across the world are coming to terms with the uncomfortable truth that private bio-medical data is now more...
July 27, 2016
In the last two years, the United States has experienced several deadly shootings by those who have professed allegiance to the militant...
- Understanding the Importance of Education for Security 17 Aug 2016 In the 2007 film, Charlie Wilson’s War, part of the story line is ability... Peace & Security
- Daesh in Europe: From Caliphate to Transnational Terror Threat 02 Aug 2016 TRENDS, in cooperation with ICSR, King’s College, London recently organized a conference titled “ISIS... Constructions of Terrorism
- Preventing the Nice Attack: Learning from Historical Experience 27 Jul 2016 After a terrorist killed 84 people in a horrific attack on the Promenade des... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- How Well Does Washington Understand Iran? 27 Jun 2016 This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power... International Affairs
- Women, Peace and Security: Gender Perspectives on Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding 11 May 2016 Peace is and always will be a process. It is multi-tiered, built and sustained.... International Affairs
- Introducing Government Actions in Terror Environments (GATE) Dataset 10 May 2016 When conceptualizing counterterrorism, we naturally think of large-scale military operations that aggressively target terrorist... Security, Defense & Terrorism
German Public TV Station Das Erste interviews TRENDS experts from TRENDS event – ISIS in EuropeAugust 4, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Ambassador Lincoln P. Bloomfield Jr. – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Marie Breen-Smyth – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Dr. Risa Brooks – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Charlie Winter – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Michael StohlDecember 20, 2015