Daesh/ISIS In Europe
The events in Nice have made it clear that the threat from terrorism in Europe is sustained, real, and that it needs to be much better understood. This event, which was co-organised by TRENDS Research & Advisory and ICSR, King’s College London, helped explore the connections between Europe and the violence being supported/carried out by Daesh/ISIS.Read More
Iran’s Threat to Global Security
How well does Washington understand Iran?
This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power structures may have detrimental consequences for global security. The Analysis, “How Well Does Washington Understand Iran?”, produced in coordination with The National Interest is a study into how the USA is failing to adequately understand the dangers posed by Iran’s leadership.Read More
TRENDS Services and Programs
TRENDS provides a wide range of consultancy, advisory and executive education services directed at government employees, non-governmental organisations and executives working in diverse organisations with an international focus. In all of our services we combine global knowledge and expertise with substantial knowledge and understanding of the Middle East/Gulf region.Read More
Constructions of Terrorism
TRENDS, The Orfalea Center and The Stimson Center organized a conference on Constructions of Terrorism: Confronting the Challenges to Global Security Created by Daesh/Islamic State. This was the second event in the Constructions of Terrorism Project being undertaken by TRENDS and the Orfalea Center as an interdisciplinary project that is investigating how states and societies construct understandings and categories of terrorism and extremism.Read More
Stop Violent Extremism MADRID +10: The Global Policy Dialogue
TRENDS Research & Advisory is proud to be a Knowledge Partner at the Club de Madrid Policy dialogue which was held in Madrid 27-28 October 2015. TRENDS, in cooperation with ICSR, King’s College, London, UK organised a Workshop dealing with “Countering Online Radicalization”.Read More
Constructions of Terrorism Conference
TRENDS Research & Advisory and the Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies organized a public conference on December 3 and 4, 2015 on Constructions Of Terrorism. The conference took place at the University of California, Santa Barbara, USA. The conference debated and discussed how terrorism and acts of terrorism are understood and explained.Read More
During the already historically long United States Presidential campaign, Republican Candidate Donald J. Trump has offered several controversial stratagems for combatting...
September 20, 2016
Earlier this month the world’s leading politicians and their entourages descended on the eastern Chinese of city of Hangzhou for the G20...
September 14, 2016
In preparation for the implementation of Value Added Tax (VAT) across the GCC in the near future, the first GCC VAT Forum...
- Small States’ Strategic Hedging for Security and Influence 14 Sep 2016 Small states are hard to define, yet the study of them persists because of... Foreign Policy & International Relations
- Moral Education for Sustainable Futures 30 Aug 2016 Moral education will be on the class schedule of students in the United Arab... Education
- Chinese Foreign Policy and Domestic Factors 24 Aug 2016 Chinese foreign policy under the presidency of Xi Jinping has been increasingly controversial, confident... Foreign Policy & International Relations
- How Well Does Washington Understand Iran? 27 Jun 2016 This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power... International Affairs
- Women, Peace and Security: Gender Perspectives on Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding 11 May 2016 Peace is and always will be a process. It is multi-tiered, built and sustained.... International Affairs
- Introducing Government Actions in Terror Environments (GATE) Dataset 10 May 2016 When conceptualizing counterterrorism, we naturally think of large-scale military operations that aggressively target terrorist... Security, Defense & Terrorism
German Public TV Station Das Erste interviews TRENDS experts from TRENDS event – ISIS in EuropeAugust 4, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Ambassador Lincoln P. Bloomfield Jr. – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Marie Breen-Smyth – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Dr. Risa Brooks – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Charlie Winter – 2nd Constructions of Terrorism ConferenceMay 15, 2016
TRENDS Interview with Prof. Michael StohlDecember 20, 2015