Qatar’s Support for Terrorism and Extremism
Qatar has been known as a supporter of terrorism and extremism for a considerable amount of time. The reasons why Qatar actively supports terrorists and extremists is unknown, but regardless of the reasons for its behaviour, the actions are unacceptable. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are leading a group of states in making it clear that Qatar’s support for terrorism and extremism is not acceptable.Read More
The Value of Think Tanks
TRENDS Research & Advisory, based in Abu Dhabi, has received global recognition for its work by being included in the top 10 “Best New Think Tanks” in the world by the 2016 Go To Global Think Tank Index. TRENDS was established in August 2014, by Dr. Ahmed Al Hamli, President and Founder, to further knowledge and understanding of how we understand security in today’s world.Read More
The Changing International Order
TRENDS invited its researchers and Non-Resident Fellows to give their assessment of the changes in the international system in first few months of Trump’s Presidency. The experts make clear that the international system is changing, but how exactly it is changing, remains to be seen.Read More
Daesh/ISIS In Europe
The events in Nice have made it clear that the threat from terrorism in Europe is sustained, real, and that it needs to be much better understood. This event, which was co-organised by TRENDS Research & Advisory and ICSR, King’s College London, helped explore the connections between Europe and the violence being supported/carried out by Daesh/ISIS.Read More
Iran’s Threat to Global Security
How well does Washington understand Iran?
This Expert Analysis discusses how the failure of the USA to adequately understand Iran’s power structures may have detrimental consequences for global security. The Analysis, “How Well Does Washington Understand Iran?”, produced in coordination with The National Interest is a study into how the USA is failing to adequately understand the dangers posed by Iran’s leadership.Read More
TRENDS Services and Programs
TRENDS provides a wide range of consultancy, advisory and executive education services directed at government employees, non-governmental organisations and executives working in diverse organisations with an international focus. In all of our services we combine global knowledge and expertise with substantial knowledge and understanding of the Middle East/Gulf region.Read More
February 26, 2018
At a recent international event on the Gender Dimensions of International Peace and Security in the UAE,...
July 27, 2017
Qatar has been known as a supporter of terrorism and extremism for a considerable amount of time.
- The World Trade Organisation: From Dithering to Withering? 08 Feb 2018 The 1st of January 2018 marked the 70th anniversary of the entry into force... Global Economy
- Terrorism is Local 18 Jan 2018 On the 20th of December 2017, federal law enforcement agents executed a search warrant... Constructions of Terrorism
- Iran’s Vulnerable Dictatorship: No Longer Able to Hide Its Misdeeds 05 Jan 2018 The following remarks were delivered by Ambassador Lincoln Bloomfield, Jr., a former U.S. State... International Security
- Securing the State – Part II 21 Feb 2018 In a world of startling change, many States across the world are both more... Security, Defense & Terrorism
- Donald Trump’s National Security Process: Implications for U.S. Foreign Policy and International Relations 26 Jul 2017 In the United States, presidents vary significantly in the processes through which they evaluate... International Affairs
- Laptop Bombs and Civil Aviation: Terrorism Potentials and Carry On Travel Bans 03 Jul 2017 This TRENDS Working Paper represents a more in depth analysis of a prior Insights... Security, Defense & Terrorism
Ideology and Radicalisation: Perspectives from Belgium, Sweden and the Gulf
TRENDS Research & Advisory and the European Foundation for Democracy is organising an event in the European Parliament to examine cross national approaches to the role of ideology in radicalisation and violent extremism. The event is hosted by MEPs Lars Adaktusson (Sweden/EPP), Gérard Deprez (Belgium/ALDE) and Patricia Lalonde...
Al Hurra Interview: Iranian demonstrations challenges the Mulla regime, raising demands against political oppressionFebruary 18, 2018
Sky News Arabia: Latest interview with TRENDS Researcher on IranJanuary 8, 2018
Sky News Arabia Interview: The Iranian regime represses its society lacks freedomJanuary 7, 2018
Al Hurra: 20 major cities joined the protests against the Iranian regimeJanuary 3, 2018
Sky News Arabia Interview – Women SummitDecember 19, 2017
EU Reporter: Drivers of radicalization in EuropeDecember 6, 2017